When it comes to fighting the Dakota Access Pipeline, this past week has seen a whirlwind of activity. Not counting the amazing work being done by our Native allies in the Dakotas — and all the solidarity organizing happening around the country — check out just a sampling of action in Iowa:
And still to come this week . . .
– Thursday’s court appearance for the 30 arrested on August 31 (here);
– Friday’s court appearance for the 18 arrested on September 10 (here); and
– Saturday’s direct action at the Mississippi River (here).
More activity is in the works for next week. Stay tuned for details, and “like” the Bold Iowa Facebook page for the most immediate updates.
What started as a regional fight to stop an oil pipeline has now become an international “cause célèbre.” This is one for the history books, and to all who value our planet, our water, the treaty rights of Native communities and the property rights of Midwestern farmers, thank you for helping to make history. And please join us as we continue the struggle!
Thanks to Lora Fraracci for guest-hosting the Fallon Forum this week. Among other topics, Lora and her guests discuss how insane it is that C-section rates remain so high, and why tribal leaders are rising to oppose the Dakota Access Pipeline. Check out the podcast here.
Listen to the Fallon Forum:
– Live Mondays, 11:00-12:00 noon CT on La Reina KDLF 1260 AM (Des Moines, IA)
– Outside of central Iowa, listen live here: FALLON FORUM LIVE-STREAM
– KHOI 89.1 FM (Ames, IA)
– KICI.LP 105.3 FM (Iowa City, IA)
– WHIV 102.3 FM (New Orleans, LA)
– KPIP-LP, 94.7 FM (Fayette, MO)
Thanks! – Ed Fallon