We’re calling on the more than 2,500 of you who have now signed the Bakken Pipeline Pledge of Resistance, to join pledge co-sponsors Bold Iowa and Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement on Saturday, Oct. 1 at the Mississippi Stand nonviolence training and direct action to stop construction of the Dakota Access pipeline in southeast Iowa (near Keokuk).
For those of you willing to risk arrest, you must attend a nonviolence training. Earth First will be leading a nonviolence civil disobedience training at 10:00 a.m. We will also need many supporters not risking arrest to assist with the booking and release of anyone who is arrested, and to stand in solidarity and help document the action.
- WHAT: Mississippi Stand Nonviolence Training & Direct Action to Stop Dakota Access
- WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016
- 9:00 a.m: Water Ceremony
- 10:00 a.m: Nonviolent civil disobedience training by Earth First
- 12:00 p.m: Direct Action planning, depart for direct action
- WHERE: Mississippi Stand: 3333 Mississippi River Road, Keokuk, IA 52632 (map)
- DETAILS: Visit the Mississippi Stand event on Facebook.
CAN’T JOIN US ON SATURDAY?
Thanks for continuing to stand with us, in solidarity with Standing Rock and the Tribal Nations at the Sacred Stone Camp, to oppose the Dakota Access pipeline that threatens our land and water.